The death of Michael Jackson on June 25, 2009 triggered a sales boom for his music. The American industry magazine Billboard published Soundscan sales figures for his albums the week after the “King of Pop’s” death, showing three of his albums occupying the top positions in the U.S.-album-charts and five more of his albums entering the Billboard-Top-50-list. Jackson’s music also ruled the weekly iTunes and Amazon download-charts after his death. Continue reading ‘Business model “Michael Jackson”’
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/28/das… https://t.co/wyBtxkBuC8 1 month ago
- Der Boom des internationalen Musikstreaming-Marktes, 2011-2015 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/25/der… https://t.co/YCVOADn79M 1 month ago
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 1 month ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 1 month ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 1 month ago
- Spotify is making its own records… and putting them on playlists August 31, 2016'Chill' playlists being infiltrated by Spotify-owned recordings, MBW learnsThe post Spotify is making its own records… and putting them on playlists appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- UMPG pipped Sony/ATV to become top Gold & Platinum publisher in the US last month August 31, 2016UMPG - led by Chairman and CEO Jody Gerson - was the lead US publisher in July with 86 certificationsThe post UMPG pipped Sony/ATV to become top Gold & Platinum publisher in the US last month appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- BMG’s Thomas Scherer promoted to EVP BMG US Publishing August 31, 2016The exec now has direct responsibility for BMG’s LA and New York-based publishing creative teamsThe post BMG’s Thomas Scherer promoted to EVP BMG US Publishing appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- BMG revenues top $200m in H1 2016, with an 18% profit margin August 31, 2016Bertelsmann-owned firm looks on course to near $500m revenue this yearThe post BMG revenues top $200m in H1 2016, with an 18% profit margin appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Live Nation hires Rafael Lazarini as Head of Biz Dev in South America August 30, 2016Former Rock World exec will be based in Rio de JaneiroThe post Live Nation hires Rafael Lazarini as Head of Biz Dev in South America appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 321,467 hits