Filesharing is made primarily responsible for the decline in sales in the phonographic industry, especially in the CD segment (see the current IFPI Digital Music Report). However, serious research on filesharing behavior (see Huygen et al 2009, Andersen/Frenz 2007, Oberholzer-Gee/Strumpf 2007 (working-paper March 2004), Blackburn 2004) shows that filesharing use does not necessarily have a negative impact on physical and digital sales. But if this is not the case, then there must be other causes for the now decade-long recession. In the following I would like to discuss alternative explanations for the recession in the music industry and try to substantiate them empirically. Continue reading ‘The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis’
- Der globale Musikverlagsmarkt – eine Analyse musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/02/03/der… https://t.co/hPodMB6CCp 6 days ago
- The Global Music Publishing Market – An Analysis musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/the… https://t.co/fZYDUl036H 1 week ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 19. Januar 2016: Crowdfunding Music musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/12/mus… 4 weeks ago
- Welcome in the music business research year 2016! Find a new blog post with a summary of the music business year... fb.me/5R9JUKTBx 1 month ago
- Die Musikwirtschaftsforschung 2015 – ein Jahresrückblick musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/01/die… 1 month ago
- Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and more praise ‘genius’ Max Martin February 10, 2016Songwriter will collect Polar Music Prize in JuneThe post Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and more praise ‘genius’ Max Martin appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner promotes Mike Caren to Creative Officer – and pumps millions into his business February 10, 2016Caren has also been upped to CEO of Artist PartnersThe post Warner promotes Mike Caren to Creative Officer – and pumps millions into his business appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Spain’s piracy fightback grows teeth: Recorded music market was up 7% in 2015 February 10, 2016Streaming jumps up more than 35% to €64.5mThe post Spain’s piracy fightback grows teeth: Recorded music market was up 7% in 2015 appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Apple Music goes live on Sonos systems today February 10, 2016Wireless speaker compatibility finally comes to streaming serviceThe post Apple Music goes live on Sonos systems today appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- BMG acquires rights to hit ‘Feelings’ and other Loulou Gasté songs February 9, 2016Widow Line Renaud approves deal with rights firm in FranceThe post BMG acquires rights to hit ‘Feelings’ and other Loulou Gasté songs appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Por qué la “piratería” es beneficiosa para los músicos, y la industria discográfica no – Por la cultura y el conocimiento para tod@s on The first “Vienna Music Business Research Days” in retrospective
- sissiyifan on Music Streaming Revisited – the International Music Streaming Market 2014
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Life is like a song on Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call-for-papers: Young Scholars’ Workshop 2016
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call for Papers: 7th Vienna Music Business Research Days 2016
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 292,334 hits