The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- You can read the summary of the international workshop on "The Blockchained Music Business" organized by MICA and... fb.me/uFQOhtVk 2 days ago
- Spotify to sign new licensing deals with major labels ‘within weeks’? musicbusinessworldwide.com/will-spotify-s… 5 days ago
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain – die Blockchain als Neustart für eine globale Musikrechtedatenbank? …sikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/das… 1 week ago
- The Blockchained Music Business – towards a Global Music Rights Database? musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/the… 1 week ago
- ‘I don’t see a YouTube value gap. Over 45% of our revenue from the platform is from UGC’ musicbusinessworldwide.com/over-45-of-our… 1 week ago
- Warner/Chappell signs up to SESAC and SUISA’s multi-territory Mint service for iTunes March 23, 2017Transatlantic JV platform is up-and-running with major publisher on board The post Warner/Chappell signs up to SESAC and SUISA’s multi-territory Mint service for iTunes appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Manny Smith named SVP of A&R at Interscope Records March 22, 2017Smith signed Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q and Rae Sremmurd The post Manny Smith named SVP of A&R at Interscope Records appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- ASCAP relaunches royalty admin services arm Songwize March 22, 2017The business offers rightsholders a royalty administration service for digital platforms The post ASCAP relaunches royalty admin services arm Songwize appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Daniel Ek’s ‘Brilliant Minds’ conference is back March 22, 2017This year’s theme is 'Numanity' The post Daniel Ek’s ‘Brilliant Minds’ conference is back appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Sony Music launches Weekday Records March 22, 2017Pure Noise founder Jake Round to helm imprint The post Sony Music launches Weekday Records appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Simon Edhouse on The Music Business in the Blockchain
- Digitization, disruption and dematerialization – SERVICE IN INDUSTRY HUB on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2013
- José Luis López on Ticket Masters – Part 4: Online Ticketing and the Secondary Market
- José Luis López on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- Music Business Research 2016 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on The Recorded Music Market in Germany, 2003-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2017
- 356,018 hits