In the current issue of the International Journal of Music Business Research Professor Adolf Dietz, the Senior researcher and former head of the Max-Planck-Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, Munich (Germany) critically reflects the European Commission’s Proposal for a Directive on Collecting Societies and Cultural Diversity as a missed opportunity. David Allan, Associate Professor of Marketing at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia (U.S.) deals in “Turn it up: That’s my song in that ad” with deals the relevance of popular music for brand and artist awareness in television commercials. Finally, Steven C. Brown, Doctoral Research Student at Glasgow Caledonian University (Scotland) reflects the “Peer production and the changing face of the live album”.
- Die Entstehung eines Marktes für „World Music“ – Zusammenfassung des… musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/05/31/die… https://t.co/79u3IBQq5t 12 hours ago
- Pandora enlists musicians to beat competition cnb.cx/1sdln3p 3 days ago
- What Apple Music Pays Artists In 42 Different Countries... digitalmusicnews.com/2016/05/24/app… via @digitalmusicnws 3 days ago
- Global Electronic Music Industry, Worth $7.1 Billion Last Year, Sees Growth Slow billboard.com/articles/busin… via @billboard 3 days ago
- Is Exclusivity In Streaming Music Going To Start Seriously Hurting Spotify? via @forbes forbes.com/sites/hughmcin… 3 days ago
- Warner/Chappell extends licensing deal with Times Music in Asia May 31, 2016Times will now represent WC in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and moreThe post Warner/Chappell extends licensing deal with Times Music in Asia appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Shamrock readies $250m acquisition fund – and eyes music rights May 31, 2016Both music publishing and master rights opportunities on the tableThe post Shamrock readies $250m acquisition fund – and eyes music rights appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner Music Group just spent $1bn on A&R within 12 months May 31, 2016Major posts highest Q4 and Q1 A&R spend for seven yearsThe post Warner Music Group just spent $1bn on A&R within 12 months appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- BMG launches in Brazil and acquires John Telfer’s Basement May 31, 2016Telfer will serve as MD of BMG Brazil in São PaoloThe post BMG launches in Brazil and acquires John Telfer’s Basement appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- UMG’s $1m Fame House acquisition shows ‘evolution beyond music rights’ May 30, 2016Fame House works with Pearl Jam, Ice Cube and EminemThe post UMG’s $1m Fame House acquisition shows ‘evolution beyond music rights’ appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 309,970 hits