In the current issue of the International Journal of Music Business Research Professor Adolf Dietz, the Senior researcher and former head of the Max-Planck-Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, Munich (Germany) critically reflects the European Commission’s Proposal for a Directive on Collecting Societies and Cultural Diversity as a missed opportunity. David Allan, Associate Professor of Marketing at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia (U.S.) deals in “Turn it up: That’s my song in that ad” with deals the relevance of popular music for brand and artist awareness in television commercials. Finally, Steven C. Brown, Doctoral Research Student at Glasgow Caledonian University (Scotland) reflects the “Peer production and the changing face of the live album”.
- Die Musikstreaming-Ökonomie – ein Einblick …sikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/die… https://t.co/heyg74CUxk 4 days ago
- Peter Tschmuck im Interview auf Deutschlandradio: Musik im Internet - Das Ende des kostenfreien deutschlandradiokultur.de/musik-im-inter… 6 days ago
- Interview of Peter Tschmuck on Spotify's future on Deutschlandradio fb.me/6cBDdCDCZ 6 days ago
- New Book: The Experience Factor by Geoff Luck musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/new… 2 weeks ago
- You can read the summary of the international workshop on "The Blockchained Music Business" organized by MICA and... fb.me/uFQOhtVk 1 month ago
- PRS payouts grew 11% in 2016 – but costs rose 14.6% to top £80m April 23, 2017Costs grew faster on percentage basis than the increase in payouts The post PRS payouts grew 11% in 2016 – but costs rose 14.6% to top £80m appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- iHeartMedia admits it could collapse this year under $20bn debt burden April 23, 2017"There is substantial doubt as to our ability to continue as a going concern" The post iHeartMedia admits it could collapse this year under $20bn debt burden appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- ‘First we’re gonna take London. Then we’re gonna take the world’ April 23, 2017Quality Control founders Coach K and Pee talk Migos, Lil Yachty, Stefflon Don - and global domination The post ‘First we’re gonna take London. Then we’re gonna take the world’ appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Google inks Samsung deal to become ‘default music player’ on new S8 phones April 21, 2017Google Play Music will be pre-installed on fancy new tech The post Google inks Samsung deal to become ‘default music player’ on new S8 phones appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Horus Music wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise For International Trade April 21, 2017CEO Nick Dunn pays tribute to 'hard work and dedication of the team' The post Horus Music wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise For International Trade appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Publishing – Jake Shaw Music Tech on The Global Music Publishing Market – An Analysis
- Simon Edhouse on The Music Business in the Blockchain
- Digitization, disruption and dematerialization – SERVICE IN INDUSTRY HUB on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2013
- José Luis López on Ticket Masters – Part 4: Online Ticketing and the Secondary Market
- José Luis López on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2017
- 362,017 hits