Brazil is the ninth largest phonographic market in the world according to the latest IFPI report, despite the fact that the revenue from recorded music sales has decreased by 58 percent since 2000. However, the Brazilian market for recorded music is more or less stable for six years now due to relatively high music video sales and the considerable growth of the digital music segment. Thus, the digital music sales have increased by 82.2 percent from BRL 24.3m to BRL 136.7m with music streaming playing an increasingly important role in the sales mix. In the following I highlight the Brazilian recorded music market by figures reported by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD).
- Der globale Musikverlagsmarkt – eine Analyse musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/02/03/der… https://t.co/hPodMB6CCp 1 week ago
- The Global Music Publishing Market – An Analysis musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/the… https://t.co/fZYDUl036H 1 week ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 19. Januar 2016: Crowdfunding Music musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/12/mus… 4 weeks ago
- Welcome in the music business research year 2016! Find a new blog post with a summary of the music business year... fb.me/5R9JUKTBx 1 month ago
- Die Musikwirtschaftsforschung 2015 – ein Jahresrückblick musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/01/die… 1 month ago
- Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and more praise ‘genius’ Max Martin February 10, 2016Songwriter will collect Polar Music Prize in JuneThe post Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and more praise ‘genius’ Max Martin appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner promotes Mike Caren to Creative Officer – and pumps millions into his business February 10, 2016Caren has also been upped to CEO of Artist PartnersThe post Warner promotes Mike Caren to Creative Officer – and pumps millions into his business appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Spain’s piracy fightback grows teeth: Recorded music market was up 7% in 2015 February 10, 2016Streaming jumps up more than 35% to €64.5mThe post Spain’s piracy fightback grows teeth: Recorded music market was up 7% in 2015 appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Apple Music goes live on Sonos systems today February 10, 2016Wireless speaker compatibility finally comes to streaming serviceThe post Apple Music goes live on Sonos systems today appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- BMG acquires rights to hit ‘Feelings’ and other Loulou Gasté songs February 9, 2016Widow Line Renaud approves deal with rights firm in FranceThe post BMG acquires rights to hit ‘Feelings’ and other Loulou Gasté songs appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Por qué la “piratería” es beneficiosa para los músicos, y la industria discográfica no – Por la cultura y el conocimiento para tod@s on The first “Vienna Music Business Research Days” in retrospective
- sissiyifan on Music Streaming Revisited – the International Music Streaming Market 2014
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Life is like a song on Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call-for-papers: Young Scholars’ Workshop 2016
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call for Papers: 7th Vienna Music Business Research Days 2016
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 292,403 hits