Brazil is the ninth largest phonographic market in the world according to the latest IFPI report, despite the fact that the revenue from recorded music sales has decreased by 58 percent since 2000. However, the Brazilian market for recorded music is more or less stable for six years now due to relatively high music video sales and the considerable growth of the digital music segment. Thus, the digital music sales have increased by 82.2 percent from BRL 24.3m to BRL 136.7m with music streaming playing an increasingly important role in the sales mix. In the following I highlight the Brazilian recorded music market by figures reported by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD).
- Der Boom des internationalen Musikstreaming-Marktes, 2011-2015 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/25/der… https://t.co/YCVOADn79M 2 days ago
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 1 week ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 1 week ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 1 week ago
- The Economics of Music Streaming:@Spotify musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/the… https://t.co/5pPd0sgsis 2 weeks ago
- Shazam’s ex-global partnerships boss Nick Fishbaugh joins Songkick July 27, 2016'With the addition of Nick we’re able to connect with more incredible artists around the world'The post Shazam’s ex-global partnerships boss Nick Fishbaugh joins Songkick appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Sony/ATV inks worldwide publishing deal with Jason Wade July 27, 2016Rick Krim celebrates signing of Lifehouse songwriterThe post Sony/ATV inks worldwide publishing deal with Jason Wade appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner hands Peter Strickland and WEA boss Matt Signore new roles in Nashville July 27, 2016Strickland named Executive VP/General Manager, as Signore becomes COOThe post Warner hands Peter Strickland and WEA boss Matt Signore new roles in Nashville appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Pandora starts pushing personalised ticket sales to users July 27, 2016Features include concert recommendations, show reminders and easy access to tickets.The post Pandora starts pushing personalised ticket sales to users appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- ‘Streaming has not broken the chart. The key is more long-term A&R.’ July 27, 2016Do labels need to change their strategy in the streaming world?The post ‘Streaming has not broken the chart. The key is more long-term A&R.’ appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 317,558 hits