The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/28/das… https://t.co/wyBtxkBuC8 3 weeks ago
- Der Boom des internationalen Musikstreaming-Marktes, 2011-2015 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/25/der… https://t.co/YCVOADn79M 1 month ago
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 1 month ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 1 month ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 1 month ago
- UMPG appoints Sterling Simms Director of Creative August 24, 2016Simms joins from Songs Music Publishing, where he served in a creative role for the last two and a half yearsThe post UMPG appoints Sterling Simms Director of Creative appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Questlove launches show exclusively on Pandora August 24, 2016Roots drummer joins Pandora as a Strategic Advisor and Artist AmbassadorThe post Questlove launches show exclusively on Pandora appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Lucian Grainge wants to crush streaming exclusives. Does he really have the power? August 24, 2016From Kanye to Rihanna and Beyonce, artists are taking control of the music businessThe post Lucian Grainge wants to crush streaming exclusives. Does he really have the power? appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Universal just lost Frank Ocean. Apple did not. August 24, 2016Blonde is not affiliated with UMG - it's a self- releaseThe post Universal just lost Frank Ocean. Apple did not. appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Apple Music exclusives: An insider’s view August 23, 2016Sean Glass on Apple's investment in music - and his worry over major labels owning playlistsThe post Apple Music exclusives: An insider’s view appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 320,688 hits