The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- Live Nation in the Digital Paradigm Shift musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/liv… https://t.co/hMyaFIaZUb 6 days ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 19. Mai 2016: Die Entstehung eines Marktes für “World Music” musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/05/12/mus… https://t.co/phFspAl82q 1 week ago
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, Vol. 5, No.@1 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/27/int… 4 weeks ago
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, vol. 5, no.@1 musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/int… 4 weeks ago
- Kurzlehrgang Musikwirtschaft im WS 2016/17 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/15/kur… 1 month ago
- Dubset signs deal with Spotify to upload user-generated mixes May 25, 2016Deal comes two months after rights-clearing company signed Apple Music agreementThe post Dubset signs deal with Spotify to upload user-generated mixes appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner Music UK unveils its own studio at centre of ‘The Firepit’ May 25, 2016Content creation and 'innovation incubator' also part of new projectThe post Warner Music UK unveils its own studio at centre of ‘The Firepit’ appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner nabs Polydor France boss Julien Creuzard to run Elektra in Paris May 25, 2016Exec has also previously worked for Capitol and UMPGThe post Warner nabs Polydor France boss Julien Creuzard to run Elektra in Paris appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Help Musicians UK launches mental health and music study May 24, 2016Industry urged to complete surveyThe post Help Musicians UK launches mental health and music study appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Three Six Zero Promotes Tiffany Yu to VP Digital Innovation May 24, 2016Yu joined the firm in 2014 as Head of DigitalThe post Three Six Zero Promotes Tiffany Yu to VP Digital Innovation appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- En 2015, aux États-Unis, le streaming a été plus rentable que le téléchargement on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 309,364 hits