The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- Der Boom des internationalen Musikstreaming-Marktes, 2011-2015 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/25/der… https://t.co/YCVOADn79M 2 days ago
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 1 week ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 1 week ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 1 week ago
- The Economics of Music Streaming:@Spotify musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/the… https://t.co/5pPd0sgsis 1 week ago
- Apple Music buys rights to Carpool Karaoke spin-off exclusive July 26, 2016Late Late Show segment has featured Adele, Justin Bieber and Michelle ObamaThe post Apple Music buys rights to Carpool Karaoke spin-off exclusive appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- MTV co-founder John Sykes steps down from Shazam board after 5 years July 26, 2016Second major departure from board this year after Brent HobermanThe post MTV co-founder John Sykes steps down from Shazam board after 5 years appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Sirius XM subscribers hit 30.6m as it adds 2.2m users in a year July 26, 2016587,000 net new subscribers added quarter-on-quarterThe post Sirius XM subscribers hit 30.6m as it adds 2.2m users in a year appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Martin Goldschmidt: 5 life lessons from 30 years of Cooking Vinyl July 26, 2016Smoking joints, mad accountants and giving money to artists - all crucial to the growth of Cooking VinylThe post Martin Goldschmidt: 5 life lessons from 30 years of Cooking Vinyl appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Brexit threatens the global unity crucial to the future of the music business July 26, 2016'The sharing of information, the discovery of new talent... is under threat'The post Brexit threatens the global unity crucial to the future of the music business appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 317,492 hits