“Download! How the Internet Transformed the Record Business” by music industry journalist Phil Hardy is a detailed analysis how the majors record companies lost control of the value added chain in the music industry in the digital revolution. He tells the story about self-confident and maybe arrogant music business executives, who had profited from the CD revolution in the 1990s, but were outmanoeuvred by industry outsiders who set up a totally new added value network for recorded music. The once highly profitable record business that attracted investors from other industries in the 1980s and 1990s turned into a laboratory of digitalization with declining record sales, job losses and divestments of pressing plants and distribution networks in the 2000s. “Download!” is, therefore, an important contribution to understand the impact of Internet and new media on the transformation of the recorded music industry.
- Live Nation in the Digital Paradigm Shift musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/liv… https://t.co/hMyaFIaZUb 6 days ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 19. Mai 2016: Die Entstehung eines Marktes für “World Music” musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/05/12/mus… https://t.co/phFspAl82q 1 week ago
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, Vol. 5, No.@1 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/27/int… 4 weeks ago
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, vol. 5, no.@1 musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/int… 4 weeks ago
- Kurzlehrgang Musikwirtschaft im WS 2016/17 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/15/kur… 1 month ago
- Windowing isn’t hurting streaming’s growth, says UMG parent Vivendi May 26, 2016Arnaud Du Puyfontaine dismisses concerns over exclusive dealsThe post Windowing isn’t hurting streaming’s growth, says UMG parent Vivendi appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Dubset signs deal with Spotify to upload user-generated mixes May 25, 2016Deal comes two months after rights-clearing company signed Apple Music agreementThe post Dubset signs deal with Spotify to upload user-generated mixes appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner Music UK unveils its own studio at centre of ‘The Firepit’ May 25, 2016Content creation and 'innovation incubator' also part of new projectThe post Warner Music UK unveils its own studio at centre of ‘The Firepit’ appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner nabs Polydor France boss Julien Creuzard to run Elektra in Paris May 25, 2016Exec has also previously worked for Capitol and UMPGThe post Warner nabs Polydor France boss Julien Creuzard to run Elektra in Paris appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Help Musicians UK launches mental health and music study May 24, 2016Industry urged to complete surveyThe post Help Musicians UK launches mental health and music study appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- En 2015, aux États-Unis, le streaming a été plus rentable que le téléchargement on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 309,386 hits