The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- Wie Blockchain & Smart Contracts die Musikbranche revolutionieren können: Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 20.… musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/06/05/wie… 3 weeks ago
- Is the Era of Free Streaming Music Coming to an End? pitchfork.com/features/artic… via @pitchfork 3 weeks ago
- Spotify must watch its spending if it wants sympathy from the music biz musicbusinessworldwide.com/spotify-must-w… 3 weeks ago
- Music World Bands Together Against YouTube, Seeking Change to Law nyti.ms/1Usa4NS 3 weeks ago
- Guvera launches $58m IPO attempt – but owes labels millions musicbusinessworldwide.com/guvera-launche… 3 weeks ago
- LyricFind partners with Google June 28, 2016LyricFind licenses lyrics for over 4,000 publishersThe post LyricFind partners with Google appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Nicky Dunn OBE joins Jockey Club Live as Chairman June 28, 2016Live music firm set for "rapid growth"The post Nicky Dunn OBE joins Jockey Club Live as Chairman appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Roc Nation Nashville launches in partnership with Warner/Chappell June 28, 2016Parternship spawns venture with songwriter/producer/publisher/DJ Jesse FrasureThe post Roc Nation Nashville launches in partnership with Warner/Chappell appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Music Sales acquires US publishing rights to Chubby Checker’s The Twist June 28, 2016Song hit No.1 on the Billboard hot 100 twice in the sixtiesThe post Music Sales acquires US publishing rights to Chubby Checker’s The Twist appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Shamrock to bankroll the acquisition of legendary artist estates by JAM June 27, 2016JAM looks after the estates of Otis Redding, Kurt Cobain and The DoorsThe post Shamrock to bankroll the acquisition of legendary artist estates by JAM appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 313,097 hits