The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- Der globale Musikverlagsmarkt – eine Analyse musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/02/03/der… https://t.co/hPodMB6CCp 1 week ago
- The Global Music Publishing Market – An Analysis musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/the… https://t.co/fZYDUl036H 1 week ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 19. Januar 2016: Crowdfunding Music musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/12/mus… 1 month ago
- Welcome in the music business research year 2016! Find a new blog post with a summary of the music business year... fb.me/5R9JUKTBx 1 month ago
- Die Musikwirtschaftsforschung 2015 – ein Jahresrückblick musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/01/die… 1 month ago
- Pandora ‘meeting with potential buyers’ ahead of possible sale February 11, 2016'Preliminary' talks show intention of company's ownersThe post Pandora ‘meeting with potential buyers’ ahead of possible sale appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- The guy who makes sure you talk about Kobalt just got promoted February 11, 2016Former Sony exec Ryan Wright steps up to CMO at Willard Ahdritz's companyThe post The guy who makes sure you talk about Kobalt just got promoted appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Patti Coleman named SVP at WMG’s Rhino Entertainment February 11, 2016SVP of Business and Legal Affairs at WBR gets new dual titleThe post Patti Coleman named SVP at WMG’s Rhino Entertainment appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Multiple promotions at Universal Music’s classical labels February 10, 2016Exec shake-up at Decca Classics and Global ClassicsThe post Multiple promotions at Universal Music’s classical labels appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- This record company just opened its very own physical music retailer February 10, 2016Stax of Wax arrives in Malibu, CaliforniaThe post This record company just opened its very own physical music retailer appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Por qué la “piratería” es beneficiosa para los músicos, y la industria discográfica no – Por la cultura y el conocimiento para tod@s on The first “Vienna Music Business Research Days” in retrospective
- sissiyifan on Music Streaming Revisited – the International Music Streaming Market 2014
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Life is like a song on Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call-for-papers: Young Scholars’ Workshop 2016
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call for Papers: 7th Vienna Music Business Research Days 2016
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 292,514 hits