For several years the Australian music industry was dominated by a few players who enjoyed a more or less monopolistic position. In the infant period of the industry Edison Co. dominated the record business with its cylinders and from 1931 on EMI had the monopoly of record distribution in Australia, which was not challenged until the end of World War II. Therefore, the period with a considerable level of competition in the Australian music industry lasted from 1924 to 1931.
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/28/das… https://t.co/wyBtxkBuC8 1 day ago
- Der Boom des internationalen Musikstreaming-Marktes, 2011-2015 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/25/der… https://t.co/YCVOADn79M 4 days ago
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 1 week ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 2 weeks ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 2 weeks ago
- Live Nation’s net profit doubles in Q2 as revenues jump above $2bn July 29, 2016Ticketmaster contributes $443m as concerts generates $1.7bnThe post Live Nation’s net profit doubles in Q2 as revenues jump above $2bn appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- UK record labels: You’ll miss supermarket support when it’s gone July 29, 2016As Michael Mulligan leaves Tesco, what now for labels' relationship with the major grocers?The post UK record labels: You’ll miss supermarket support when it’s gone appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Mike Jbara leaves Warner after 20 years to head up HD music firm MQA July 29, 2016High def audio firm welcomes former WEA and ADA exec as CEOThe post Mike Jbara leaves Warner after 20 years to head up HD music firm MQA appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Sony/ATV revenues fall 12% as its copyright count blasts past 4.2m July 29, 2016Sony Corporation results show publisher was hit by exchange ratesThe post Sony/ATV revenues fall 12% as its copyright count blasts past 4.2m appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Beyonce’s Lemonade was Sony’s biggest earner in the past quarter July 29, 2016Meghan Trainor, Fifth Harmony and Sia all feature in Top 10 money-makersThe post Beyonce’s Lemonade was Sony’s biggest earner in the past quarter appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 317,874 hits