In the current issue of the International Journal of Music Business Research Professor Adolf Dietz, the Senior researcher and former head of the Max-Planck-Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, Munich (Germany) critically reflects the European Commission’s Proposal for a Directive on Collecting Societies and Cultural Diversity as a missed opportunity. David Allan, Associate Professor of Marketing at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia (U.S.) deals in “Turn it up: That’s my song in that ad” with deals the relevance of popular music for brand and artist awareness in television commercials. Finally, Steven C. Brown, Doctoral Research Student at Glasgow Caledonian University (Scotland) reflects the “Peer production and the changing face of the live album”.
- Der globale Musikverlagsmarkt – eine Analyse musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/02/03/der… https://t.co/hPodMB6CCp 1 week ago
- The Global Music Publishing Market – An Analysis musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/the… https://t.co/fZYDUl036H 1 week ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 19. Januar 2016: Crowdfunding Music musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/12/mus… 4 weeks ago
- Welcome in the music business research year 2016! Find a new blog post with a summary of the music business year... fb.me/5R9JUKTBx 1 month ago
- Die Musikwirtschaftsforschung 2015 – ein Jahresrückblick musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/01/die… 1 month ago
- The guy who makes sure you talk about Kobalt just got promoted February 11, 2016Former Sony exec Ryan Wright steps up to CMO at Willard Ahdritz's companyThe post The guy who makes sure you talk about Kobalt just got promoted appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Patti Coleman named SVP at WMG’s Rhino Entertainment February 11, 2016SVP of Business and Legal Affairs at WBR gets new dual titleThe post Patti Coleman named SVP at WMG’s Rhino Entertainment appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Multiple promotions at Universal Music’s classical labels February 10, 2016Exec shake-up at Decca Classics and Global ClassicsThe post Multiple promotions at Universal Music’s classical labels appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- This record company just opened its very own physical music retailer February 10, 2016Stax of Wax arrives in Malibu, CaliforniaThe post This record company just opened its very own physical music retailer appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and more praise ‘genius’ Max Martin February 10, 2016Songwriter will collect Polar Music Prize in JuneThe post Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and more praise ‘genius’ Max Martin appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Por qué la “piratería” es beneficiosa para los músicos, y la industria discográfica no – Por la cultura y el conocimiento para tod@s on The first “Vienna Music Business Research Days” in retrospective
- sissiyifan on Music Streaming Revisited – the International Music Streaming Market 2014
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Life is like a song on Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call-for-papers: Young Scholars’ Workshop 2016
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call for Papers: 7th Vienna Music Business Research Days 2016
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 292,508 hits