“Download! How the Internet Transformed the Record Business” by music industry journalist Phil Hardy is a detailed analysis how the majors record companies lost control of the value added chain in the music industry in the digital revolution. He tells the story about self-confident and maybe arrogant music business executives, who had profited from the CD revolution in the 1990s, but were outmanoeuvred by industry outsiders who set up a totally new added value network for recorded music. The once highly profitable record business that attracted investors from other industries in the 1980s and 1990s turned into a laboratory of digitalization with declining record sales, job losses and divestments of pressing plants and distribution networks in the 2000s. “Download!” is, therefore, an important contribution to understand the impact of Internet and new media on the transformation of the recorded music industry.
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, Vol. 5, No.@1 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/27/int… 5 days ago
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, vol. 5, no.@1 musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/int… 5 days ago
- Kurzlehrgang Musikwirtschaft im WS 2016/17 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/15/kur… 2 weeks ago
- Neue Geschäftsmodelle in der Musikbranche – Zugang versus Besitz. Zusammenfassung des Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am… musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/13/neu… 2 weeks ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 8. März 2016: Neue Geschäftsmodelle in der Musikbranche – Zugang versus Besitz musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/03/07/mus… 1 month ago
- Spotify users can now pay using mobile number in Germany and Italy May 2, 2016Deals struck with Vodafone, O2 and T-Mobil in GermanyThe post Spotify users can now pay using mobile number in Germany and Italy appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner/Chappell wins Publisher Of The Year at ASCAP Pop Awards May 2, 2016Max Martin breaks record with Songwriter Of The Year gongThe post Warner/Chappell wins Publisher Of The Year at ASCAP Pop Awards appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Exec who masterminded $500m Disney MCN deal joins Warner board May 2, 2016Ynon Kreiz becomes 12th member of Warner's boardThe post Exec who masterminded $500m Disney MCN deal joins Warner board appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Drake’s Spotify gamble is paying off: Views just made $8m in a day May 2, 2016Streaming and track downloads having very little impact as iTunes sales soarThe post Drake’s Spotify gamble is paying off: Views just made $8m in a day appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Sony Music streaming income rockets 57% – and brushes $1 billion in a year April 29, 2016Streaming claims 27% of all recorded music income across the yearThe post Sony Music streaming income rockets 57% – and brushes $1 billion in a year appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- En 2015, aux États-Unis, le streaming a été plus rentable que le téléchargement on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 305,819 hits