For several years the Australian music industry was dominated by a few players who enjoyed a more or less monopolistic position. In the infant period of the industry Edison Co. dominated the record business with its cylinders and from 1931 on EMI had the monopoly of record distribution in Australia, which was not challenged until the end of World War II. Therefore, the period with a considerable level of competition in the Australian music industry lasted from 1924 to 1931.
- Der globale Musikverlagsmarkt – eine Analyse musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/02/03/der… https://t.co/hPodMB6CCp 5 days ago
- The Global Music Publishing Market – An Analysis musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/the… https://t.co/fZYDUl036H 1 week ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 19. Januar 2016: Crowdfunding Music musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/12/mus… 3 weeks ago
- Welcome in the music business research year 2016! Find a new blog post with a summary of the music business year... fb.me/5R9JUKTBx 1 month ago
- Die Musikwirtschaftsforschung 2015 – ein Jahresrückblick musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/01/die… 1 month ago
- Unlike its rivals, Victory Records isn’t selling up – it’s expanding February 8, 2016"While so many independent labels have sold their businesses, we are optimistic about the future"The post Unlike its rivals, Victory Records isn’t selling up – it’s expanding appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Surprise! Adele was the most popular artist of 2015 February 8, 2016Ed Sheeran at No.2, Taylor Swift at No.3The post Surprise! Adele was the most popular artist of 2015 appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Apple Music is now available in 59 countries that Spotify is not February 8, 2016Apple's expansion in less than eight months is undoubtedly impressiveThe post Apple Music is now available in 59 countries that Spotify is not appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- The Pirate Bay just became a streaming service. Great. February 8, 2016Torrents-Time plugin is music business's latest enemyThe post The Pirate Bay just became a streaming service. Great. appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- How much does SoundCloud really owe the music business? February 7, 2016If SoundCloud was Spotify, it'd have paid hundreds of millions back to artists and songwritersThe post How much does SoundCloud really owe the music business? appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Por qué la “piratería” es beneficiosa para los músicos, y la industria discográfica no – Por la cultura y el conocimiento para tod@s on The first “Vienna Music Business Research Days” in retrospective
- sissiyifan on Music Streaming Revisited – the International Music Streaming Market 2014
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Life is like a song on Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call-for-papers: Young Scholars’ Workshop 2016
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call for Papers: 7th Vienna Music Business Research Days 2016
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 292,125 hits