Last year, I posted an analysis of the international music streaming for 2014 based on IFPI numbers. Since then the global streaming market was highly dynamic and therefore I updated my analysis and included also earlier data. In 2015 the global streaming revenue (subscriptions and ad-supported streaming revenue) increased by 42.5 per cent (IFPI 2016: 17) and had a volume of US $2.89bn. The music streaming market is almost as big as the music download market (US $2.97bn) (IFPI 2016: 49). Music streaming, therefore, accounts for 42 per cent of the global recorded music market. However, the market share of music streaming differs between countries. Whereas in Sweden the music streaming market share is 66.5 per cent of the overall recorded music market, in Germany just 11.4 per cent of the recorded music revenue comes from music streaming sources. And Japan, the second largest recorded music market in world, lags behind with meagre 4.6 per cent. In the following, please read an analysis of the international music streaming for the time-span from 2011-2015.
- Die Musikstreaming-Ökonomie – ein Einblick …sikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/die… https://t.co/heyg74CUxk 3 days ago
- Peter Tschmuck im Interview auf Deutschlandradio: Musik im Internet - Das Ende des kostenfreien deutschlandradiokultur.de/musik-im-inter… 5 days ago
- Interview of Peter Tschmuck on Spotify's future on Deutschlandradio fb.me/6cBDdCDCZ 5 days ago
- New Book: The Experience Factor by Geoff Luck musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/new… 2 weeks ago
- You can read the summary of the international workshop on "The Blockchained Music Business" organized by MICA and... fb.me/uFQOhtVk 1 month ago
- Google inks Samsung deal to become ‘default music player’ on new S8 phones April 21, 2017Google Play Music will be pre-installed on fancy new tech The post Google inks Samsung deal to become ‘default music player’ on new S8 phones appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Horus Music wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise For International Trade April 21, 2017CEO Nick Dunn pays tribute to 'hard work and dedication of the team' The post Horus Music wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise For International Trade appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- ‘There are no rules to pop music now. It just has to be of great quality.’ April 20, 2017British pop songwriter extraordinaire Steve Mac talks Shape Of You, being No.1 and much more The post ‘There are no rules to pop music now. It just has to be of great quality.’ appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Rostrum Records promotes Nicole Plantin to VP, A&R April 20, 2017Previously, Plantin was Director, Writer Publisher Relations at BMI in Los Angeles The post Rostrum Records promotes Nicole Plantin to VP, A&R appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Now indie labels can window albums on Spotify Premium thanks to Merlin deal April 20, 2017Like Universal deal, new agreement includes ability to 'window' album releases The post Now indie labels can window albums on Spotify Premium thanks to Merlin deal appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Publishing – Jake Shaw Music Tech on The Global Music Publishing Market – An Analysis
- Simon Edhouse on The Music Business in the Blockchain
- Digitization, disruption and dematerialization – SERVICE IN INDUSTRY HUB on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2013
- José Luis López on Ticket Masters – Part 4: Online Ticketing and the Secondary Market
- José Luis López on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2017
- 361,768 hits