For several years the Australian music industry was dominated by a few players who enjoyed a more or less monopolistic position. In the infant period of the industry Edison Co. dominated the record business with its cylinders and from 1931 on EMI had the monopoly of record distribution in Australia, which was not challenged until the end of World War II. Therefore, the period with a considerable level of competition in the Australian music industry lasted from 1924 to 1931.
- You can read the summary of the international workshop on "The Blockchained Music Business" organized by MICA and... fb.me/uFQOhtVk 1 week ago
- Spotify to sign new licensing deals with major labels ‘within weeks’? musicbusinessworldwide.com/will-spotify-s… 1 week ago
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain – die Blockchain als Neustart für eine globale Musikrechtedatenbank? …sikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/das… 2 weeks ago
- The Blockchained Music Business – towards a Global Music Rights Database? musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/the… 2 weeks ago
- ‘I don’t see a YouTube value gap. Over 45% of our revenue from the platform is from UGC’ musicbusinessworldwide.com/over-45-of-our… 2 weeks ago
- Music subscriptions exploded in the US in 2016, as market generated $7.7bn March 30, 2017Apple Music and Spotify drive 114% growth in paid-for streaming The post Music subscriptions exploded in the US in 2016, as market generated $7.7bn appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jack Stephens joins Spotify as Creator Partnerships Manager March 30, 2017Popular exec brings direct relationships with artist managers to Daniel Ek's streaming company The post Jack Stephens joins Spotify as Creator Partnerships Manager appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Def Jam CEO Steve Bartels to deliver keynote at Midem March 30, 2017Veteran exec to discuss scouting talent, developing new artists and the iconic label’s brand identity The post Def Jam CEO Steve Bartels to deliver keynote at Midem appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Sean Parker leads $5m funding round for music GIF developer Emoticast March 30, 2017Black Eyed Peas co-founder will.i.am and DJ and producer David Guetta also amongst investors The post Sean Parker leads $5m funding round for music GIF developer Emoticast appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Vivendi to host cross-cultural festival in London at Universal Music’s new Kings Cross base March 30, 2017Inaugural event, titled Le Crossing, will take place in October and is expected to return annually The post Vivendi to host cross-cultural festival in London at Universal Music’s new Kings Cross base appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Simon Edhouse on The Music Business in the Blockchain
- Digitization, disruption and dematerialization – SERVICE IN INDUSTRY HUB on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2013
- José Luis López on Ticket Masters – Part 4: Online Ticketing and the Secondary Market
- José Luis López on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- Music Business Research 2016 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on The Recorded Music Market in Germany, 2003-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2017
- 357,412 hits