Brazil is the ninth largest phonographic market in the world according to the latest IFPI report, despite the fact that the revenue from recorded music sales has decreased by 58 percent since 2000. However, the Brazilian market for recorded music is more or less stable for six years now due to relatively high music video sales and the considerable growth of the digital music segment. Thus, the digital music sales have increased by 82.2 percent from BRL 24.3m to BRL 136.7m with music streaming playing an increasingly important role in the sales mix. In the following I highlight the Brazilian recorded music market by figures reported by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD).
- Die Musikstreaming-Ökonomie – ein Einblick …sikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/die… https://t.co/heyg74CUxk 4 days ago
- Peter Tschmuck im Interview auf Deutschlandradio: Musik im Internet - Das Ende des kostenfreien deutschlandradiokultur.de/musik-im-inter… 1 week ago
- Interview of Peter Tschmuck on Spotify's future on Deutschlandradio fb.me/6cBDdCDCZ 1 week ago
- New Book: The Experience Factor by Geoff Luck musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/new… 2 weeks ago
- You can read the summary of the international workshop on "The Blockchained Music Business" organized by MICA and... fb.me/uFQOhtVk 1 month ago
- Concord launches Craft Recordings as its official reissue label April 24, 2017Concord is home to more than 10,000 catalogue masters The post Concord launches Craft Recordings as its official reissue label appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- X-ray Touring signs JV deal with Paradigm and Yucaipa April 24, 2017X-ray represents the likes of Coldplay, Chance The Rapper and Green Day The post X-ray Touring signs JV deal with Paradigm and Yucaipa appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Spotify is developing its own hardware – inspired by Amazon’s Echo April 24, 2017The Pebble Watch and Snap's Spectacles both cited by streaming company in new job ad The post Spotify is developing its own hardware – inspired by Amazon’s Echo appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- PRS payouts grew 11% in 2016 – but costs rose 14.6% to top £80m April 23, 2017Costs grew faster on percentage basis than the increase in payouts The post PRS payouts grew 11% in 2016 – but costs rose 14.6% to top £80m appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- iHeartMedia admits it could collapse this year under $20bn debt burden April 23, 2017"There is substantial doubt as to our ability to continue as a going concern" The post iHeartMedia admits it could collapse this year under $20bn debt burden appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Publishing – Jake Shaw Music Tech on The Global Music Publishing Market – An Analysis
- Simon Edhouse on The Music Business in the Blockchain
- Digitization, disruption and dematerialization – SERVICE IN INDUSTRY HUB on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2013
- José Luis López on Ticket Masters – Part 4: Online Ticketing and the Secondary Market
- José Luis López on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2017
- 362,066 hits