Brazil is the ninth largest phonographic market in the world according to the latest IFPI report, despite the fact that the revenue from recorded music sales has decreased by 58 percent since 2000. However, the Brazilian market for recorded music is more or less stable for six years now due to relatively high music video sales and the considerable growth of the digital music segment. Thus, the digital music sales have increased by 82.2 percent from BRL 24.3m to BRL 136.7m with music streaming playing an increasingly important role in the sales mix. In the following I highlight the Brazilian recorded music market by figures reported by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD).
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/28/das… https://t.co/wyBtxkBuC8 3 weeks ago
- Der Boom des internationalen Musikstreaming-Marktes, 2011-2015 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/25/der… https://t.co/YCVOADn79M 1 month ago
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 1 month ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 1 month ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 1 month ago
- Lucian Grainge wants to crush streaming exclusives. Does he really have the power? August 24, 2016From Kanye to Rihanna and Beyonce, artists are taking control of the music businessThe post Lucian Grainge wants to crush streaming exclusives. Does he really have the power? appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Universal just lost Frank Ocean. Apple did not. August 24, 2016Blonde is not affiliated with UMG - it's a self- releaseThe post Universal just lost Frank Ocean. Apple did not. appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Apple Music exclusives: An insider’s view August 23, 2016Sean Glass on Apple's investment in music - and his worry over major labels owning playlistsThe post Apple Music exclusives: An insider’s view appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- BMG replaced as 50% shareholder in Phrased Differently by Cloud 9 Music August 23, 2016UK-based publisher has placed cuts with artists such as Calvin Harris, Demi Lovato and many moreThe post BMG replaced as 50% shareholder in Phrased Differently by Cloud 9 Music appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- CTM Publishing and Dennis Music jointly launch production music house August 23, 2016News follows sale of Imagem Production Music to ole last yearThe post CTM Publishing and Dennis Music jointly launch production music house appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 320,581 hits