The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- Der Boom des internationalen Musikstreaming-Marktes, 2011-2015 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/25/der… https://t.co/YCVOADn79M 2 days ago
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 1 week ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 1 week ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 1 week ago
- The Economics of Music Streaming:@Spotify musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/the… https://t.co/5pPd0sgsis 1 week ago
- Sony/ATV inks worldwide publishing deal with Jason Wade July 27, 2016Rick Krim celebrates signing of Lifehouse songwriterThe post Sony/ATV inks worldwide publishing deal with Jason Wade appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner hands Peter Strickland and Matt Signore new roles in Nashville July 27, 2016Strickland named Executive VP/General Manager, as Signore becomes COOThe post Warner hands Peter Strickland and Matt Signore new roles in Nashville appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Pandora starts pushing personalised ticket sales to users July 27, 2016Features include concert recommendations, show reminders and easy access to tickets.The post Pandora starts pushing personalised ticket sales to users appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Martin Garrix signs major label deal with Sony July 27, 2016Garrix leaves behind his deal with indie Spinnin'The post Martin Garrix signs major label deal with Sony appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- $250m-backed Jampol Artist Management acquires Muddy Waters estate July 27, 2016Worldwide agreement will allow JAM to “preserve, promote and extend” artist's legacyThe post $250m-backed Jampol Artist Management acquires Muddy Waters estate appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 317,535 hits