The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, Vol. 5, No.@1 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/27/int… 4 days ago
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, vol. 5, no.@1 musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/int… 4 days ago
- Kurzlehrgang Musikwirtschaft im WS 2016/17 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/15/kur… 2 weeks ago
- Neue Geschäftsmodelle in der Musikbranche – Zugang versus Besitz. Zusammenfassung des Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am… musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/13/neu… 2 weeks ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 8. März 2016: Neue Geschäftsmodelle in der Musikbranche – Zugang versus Besitz musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/03/07/mus… 1 month ago
- Sony Music streaming income rockets 57% – and brushes $1 billion in a year April 29, 2016Streaming claims 27% of all recorded music income across the yearThe post Sony Music streaming income rockets 57% – and brushes $1 billion in a year appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Switchfoot move catalogue from majors to Concord Music Group April 29, 2016Band's last three albums have come out via AtlanticThe post Switchfoot move catalogue from majors to Concord Music Group appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- ASCAP payout to industry falls by $16m, despite revenue growth April 28, 2016Yet expenses at society actually dropped by $3m. So what's going on?The post ASCAP payout to industry falls by $16m, despite revenue growth appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- How Beyoncé’s Lemonade is making $3m a day – while saving Jay Z’s business April 28, 2016The superstar's US sales so far point to a promising result for SonyThe post How Beyoncé’s Lemonade is making $3m a day – while saving Jay Z’s business appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Nigeria agrees to start chasing – and paying – neighbouring rights April 28, 2016IFPI broker deal with local collection agency COSONThe post Nigeria agrees to start chasing – and paying – neighbouring rights appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- En 2015, aux États-Unis, le streaming a été plus rentable que le téléchargement on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 305,584 hits