Brazil is the ninth largest phonographic market in the world according to the latest IFPI report, despite the fact that the revenue from recorded music sales has decreased by 58 percent since 2000. However, the Brazilian market for recorded music is more or less stable for six years now due to relatively high music video sales and the considerable growth of the digital music segment. Thus, the digital music sales have increased by 82.2 percent from BRL 24.3m to BRL 136.7m with music streaming playing an increasingly important role in the sales mix. In the following I highlight the Brazilian recorded music market by figures reported by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD).
- You can read the summary of the international workshop on "The Blockchained Music Business" organized by MICA and... fb.me/uFQOhtVk 1 day ago
- Spotify to sign new licensing deals with major labels ‘within weeks’? musicbusinessworldwide.com/will-spotify-s… 5 days ago
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain – die Blockchain als Neustart für eine globale Musikrechtedatenbank? …sikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/das… 1 week ago
- The Blockchained Music Business – towards a Global Music Rights Database? musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/the… 1 week ago
- ‘I don’t see a YouTube value gap. Over 45% of our revenue from the platform is from UGC’ musicbusinessworldwide.com/over-45-of-our… 1 week ago
- Manny Smith named SVP of A&R at Interscope Records March 22, 2017Smith signed Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q and Rae Sremmurd The post Manny Smith named SVP of A&R at Interscope Records appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- ASCAP relaunches royalty admin services arm Songwize March 22, 2017The business offers rightsholders a royalty administration service for digital platforms The post ASCAP relaunches royalty admin services arm Songwize appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Daniel Ek’s ‘Brilliant Minds’ conference is back March 22, 2017This year’s theme is 'Numanity' The post Daniel Ek’s ‘Brilliant Minds’ conference is back appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Sony Music launches Weekday Records March 22, 2017Pure Noise founder Jake Round to helm imprint The post Sony Music launches Weekday Records appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Drake’s More Life tops 250m streams across Apple Music and Spotify in two-and-a-half days March 22, 2017Playlist reaches nearly 600m streams over two days The post Drake’s More Life tops 250m streams across Apple Music and Spotify in two-and-a-half days appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Simon Edhouse on The Music Business in the Blockchain
- Digitization, disruption and dematerialization – SERVICE IN INDUSTRY HUB on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2013
- José Luis López on Ticket Masters – Part 4: Online Ticketing and the Secondary Market
- José Luis López on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- Music Business Research 2016 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on The Recorded Music Market in Germany, 2003-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2017
- 355,852 hits