Brazil is the ninth largest phonographic market in the world according to the latest IFPI report, despite the fact that the revenue from recorded music sales has decreased by 58 percent since 2000. However, the Brazilian market for recorded music is more or less stable for six years now due to relatively high music video sales and the considerable growth of the digital music segment. Thus, the digital music sales have increased by 82.2 percent from BRL 24.3m to BRL 136.7m with music streaming playing an increasingly important role in the sales mix. In the following I highlight the Brazilian recorded music market by figures reported by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD).
- Wie Blockchain & Smart Contracts die Musikbranche revolutionieren können: Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 20.… musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/06/05/wie… 3 weeks ago
- Is the Era of Free Streaming Music Coming to an End? pitchfork.com/features/artic… via @pitchfork 3 weeks ago
- Spotify must watch its spending if it wants sympathy from the music biz musicbusinessworldwide.com/spotify-must-w… 3 weeks ago
- Music World Bands Together Against YouTube, Seeking Change to Law nyti.ms/1Usa4NS 3 weeks ago
- Guvera launches $58m IPO attempt – but owes labels millions musicbusinessworldwide.com/guvera-launche… 3 weeks ago
- LyricFind partners with Google June 28, 2016LyricFind licenses lyrics for over 4,000 publishersThe post LyricFind partners with Google appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Nicky Dunn OBE joins Jockey Club Live as Chairman June 28, 2016Live music firm set for "rapid growth"The post Nicky Dunn OBE joins Jockey Club Live as Chairman appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Roc Nation Nashville launches in partnership with Warner/Chappell June 28, 2016Parternship spawns venture with songwriter/producer/publisher/DJ Jesse FrasureThe post Roc Nation Nashville launches in partnership with Warner/Chappell appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Music Sales acquires US publishing rights to Chubby Checker’s The Twist June 28, 2016Song hit No.1 on the Billboard hot 100 twice in the sixtiesThe post Music Sales acquires US publishing rights to Chubby Checker’s The Twist appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Shamrock to bankroll the acquisition of legendary artist estates by JAM June 27, 2016JAM looks after the estates of Otis Redding, Kurt Cobain and The DoorsThe post Shamrock to bankroll the acquisition of legendary artist estates by JAM appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 313,063 hits