Brazil is the ninth largest phonographic market in the world according to the latest IFPI report, despite the fact that the revenue from recorded music sales has decreased by 58 percent since 2000. However, the Brazilian market for recorded music is more or less stable for six years now due to relatively high music video sales and the considerable growth of the digital music segment. Thus, the digital music sales have increased by 82.2 percent from BRL 24.3m to BRL 136.7m with music streaming playing an increasingly important role in the sales mix. In the following I highlight the Brazilian recorded music market by figures reported by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD).
- Live Nation in the Digital Paradigm Shift musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/liv… https://t.co/hMyaFIaZUb 5 days ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 19. Mai 2016: Die Entstehung eines Marktes für “World Music” musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/05/12/mus… https://t.co/phFspAl82q 1 week ago
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, Vol. 5, No.@1 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/27/int… 3 weeks ago
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, vol. 5, no.@1 musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/int… 3 weeks ago
- Kurzlehrgang Musikwirtschaft im WS 2016/17 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/15/kur… 1 month ago
- Now Warner Music makes virtual reality move with Digital Domain May 24, 2016Greater China agreement signals wider commitment to VR from majorThe post Now Warner Music makes virtual reality move with Digital Domain appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Spotify quashes Apple Music’s family plan advantage with $14.99 offer May 24, 2016Up to six people can enjoy premium on a single account for $2.50 a month eachThe post Spotify quashes Apple Music’s family plan advantage with $14.99 offer appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- The Orchard hires Lucy Blair and Nikoo Sadr in the UK May 24, 2016Duo join Sony-owned company's European HQ in LondonThe post The Orchard hires Lucy Blair and Nikoo Sadr in the UK appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- YouTube Red (and Google Play Music) goes cheap with sub-$1 deal May 24, 2016Meanwhile, Spotify reveals new $9.99 for three months dealThe post YouTube Red (and Google Play Music) goes cheap with sub-$1 deal appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Spotify revenues topped $2bn last year as losses hit $194m May 23, 2016Payouts to the music business grew 85% to $1.8bnThe post Spotify revenues topped $2bn last year as losses hit $194m appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- En 2015, aux États-Unis, le streaming a été plus rentable que le téléchargement on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 309,227 hits