Brazil is the ninth largest phonographic market in the world according to the latest IFPI report, despite the fact that the revenue from recorded music sales has decreased by 58 percent since 2000. However, the Brazilian market for recorded music is more or less stable for six years now due to relatively high music video sales and the considerable growth of the digital music segment. Thus, the digital music sales have increased by 82.2 percent from BRL 24.3m to BRL 136.7m with music streaming playing an increasingly important role in the sales mix. In the following I highlight the Brazilian recorded music market by figures reported by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD).
- Der globale Musikverlagsmarkt – eine Analyse musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/02/03/der… https://t.co/hPodMB6CCp 1 week ago
- The Global Music Publishing Market – An Analysis musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/the… https://t.co/fZYDUl036H 1 week ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 19. Januar 2016: Crowdfunding Music musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/12/mus… 1 month ago
- Welcome in the music business research year 2016! Find a new blog post with a summary of the music business year... fb.me/5R9JUKTBx 1 month ago
- Die Musikwirtschaftsforschung 2015 – ein Jahresrückblick musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/01/01/die… 1 month ago
- Chalrie Walk become President of UMG’s Republic Group February 12, 2016Monte Lipman calls exec "imaginative and fearless"The post Chalrie Walk become President of UMG’s Republic Group appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Pandora ‘meeting with potential buyers’ ahead of possible sale February 11, 2016'Preliminary' talks show intention of company's ownersThe post Pandora ‘meeting with potential buyers’ ahead of possible sale appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- The guy who makes sure you talk about Kobalt just got promoted February 11, 2016Former Sony exec Ryan Wright steps up to CMO at Willard Ahdritz's companyThe post The guy who makes sure you talk about Kobalt just got promoted appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Patti Coleman named SVP at WMG’s Rhino Entertainment February 11, 2016SVP of Business and Legal Affairs at WBR gets new dual titleThe post Patti Coleman named SVP at WMG’s Rhino Entertainment appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Multiple promotions at Universal Music’s classical labels February 10, 2016Exec shake-up at Decca Classics and Global ClassicsThe post Multiple promotions at Universal Music’s classical labels appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Por qué la “piratería” es beneficiosa para los músicos, y la industria discográfica no – Por la cultura y el conocimiento para tod@s on The first “Vienna Music Business Research Days” in retrospective
- sissiyifan on Music Streaming Revisited – the International Music Streaming Market 2014
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Life is like a song on Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call-for-papers: Young Scholars’ Workshop 2016
- Music Business Research 2015 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Call for Papers: 7th Vienna Music Business Research Days 2016
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 292,586 hits