The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, Vol. 5, No.@1 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/27/int… 6 days ago
- International Journal of Music Business Research – April 2016, vol. 5, no.@1 musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/int… 6 days ago
- Kurzlehrgang Musikwirtschaft im WS 2016/17 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/15/kur… 2 weeks ago
- Neue Geschäftsmodelle in der Musikbranche – Zugang versus Besitz. Zusammenfassung des Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am… musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/04/13/neu… 2 weeks ago
- Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 8. März 2016: Neue Geschäftsmodelle in der Musikbranche – Zugang versus Besitz musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/03/07/mus… 1 month ago
- VKontakte launches licensed Spotify rival – but waits on Universal May 4, 2016Streaming music app launchesThe post VKontakte launches licensed Spotify rival – but waits on Universal appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Live Nation revenue up 10% in Q1 2016 May 3, 2016Thanks to strong performance across concerts, advertising and ticketing businessesThe post Live Nation revenue up 10% in Q1 2016 appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Have Radiohead ended their battle with Spotify and YouTube? May 3, 2016First single from band's new album premieres on YouTubeThe post Have Radiohead ended their battle with Spotify and YouTube? appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Selina Webb promoted to EVP of Universal Music UK May 3, 2016Former Polydor exec steps up to take on broader remit at majorThe post Selina Webb promoted to EVP of Universal Music UK appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Blink-182 sign to BMG for release of new album, California May 3, 2016Seventh album coming in JulyThe post Blink-182 sign to BMG for release of new album, California appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- En 2015, aux États-Unis, le streaming a été plus rentable que le téléchargement on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 306,069 hits