The question if streaming is the next big thing for the music industry will be eventually answered by the music consumers. Several studies were conducted in past few years – most of them commissioned by music industry bodies – to assess the future potential of music streaming. It is essential for music streaming services and the copyright holders (labels and music publishers) if consumers are aware of streaming services, if they are using them frequently and if they are prepared to convert from Freemium to subscription models. Therefore the results of the studies are important indicators for the future development of the music industry. Although they provide different and even contradictory results – due to a different methodology – they help us nevertheless to understand music consumption behaviour in the digital age. In the following I would like to review some of the studies published in the past three years.
- "The international music streaming market revisited" musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/the… 1 day ago
- The Music Streaming Market Revisited,@2011-2015 musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/the… https://t.co/FFdIEs8h3S 1 day ago
- Wie Blockchain & Smart Contracts die Musikbranche revolutionieren können: Musikwirtschafts-Jour-fixe am 20.… musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/06/05/wie… 3 weeks ago
- Is the Era of Free Streaming Music Coming to an End? pitchfork.com/features/artic… via @pitchfork 4 weeks ago
- Spotify must watch its spending if it wants sympathy from the music biz musicbusinessworldwide.com/spotify-must-w… 4 weeks ago
- Apple is in talks to buy Jay Z’s TIDAL June 30, 2016Could Jimmy Iovine's team acquire Kanye and Beyonce's favoured platform?The post Apple is in talks to buy Jay Z’s TIDAL appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- BMG acquires assets of New York indie The End Records June 30, 2016Label represents catalogue from Better Than Ezra, Billy Talent, Dead Letter Circus, Everclear and HIMThe post BMG acquires assets of New York indie The End Records appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner ups its game in dance music by signing USHUAÏA partnership June 30, 2016Talent scouting also a part of the deal from Ibiza brandThe post Warner ups its game in dance music by signing USHUAÏA partnership appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Martin Bandier slams ‘inexplicable’ US Consent Decree ruling June 30, 2016"This decision is going to cause a tremendous amount of uncertainty"The post Martin Bandier slams ‘inexplicable’ US Consent Decree ruling appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Kobalt’s AWAL joins forces with Music Glue for independent artists June 30, 2016Direct-to-fan commerce specialist and independent artist platform join forcesThe post Kobalt’s AWAL joins forces with Music Glue for independent artists appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 313,412 hits