For several years the Australian music industry was dominated by a few players who enjoyed a more or less monopolistic position. In the infant period of the industry Edison Co. dominated the record business with its cylinders and from 1931 on EMI had the monopoly of record distribution in Australia, which was not challenged until the end of World War II. Therefore, the period with a considerable level of competition in the Australian music industry lasted from 1924 to 1931.
- Podiumsdiskussion: “The Blockchained Music Business” am 3.3.2017,@16:30-18:00 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2017/02/23/pod… 5 hours ago
- How Facebook can go from villain to hero: Pinch Vevo from YouTube musicbusinessworldwide.com/facebook-can-g… 2 weeks ago
- After 15 years of decline, France’s recorded music market returns to growth musicbusinessworldwide.com/frances-record… 2 weeks ago
- Why did Sprint pay $200m for TIDAL? musicbusinessworldwide.com/sprint-pay-200… 2 weeks ago
- Sony Music earned $1.2bn from streaming platforms in 2016 musicbusinessworldwide.com/sony-music-ear… 2 weeks ago
- Music Business Research 2016 – in retrospective
- Warner Music Group in the Digital Paradigm Shift
- Call-for-Papers: 8th Vienna Music Business Research Days, September 12-14, 2017
- Call-for-Papers: 7th Young Scholars’ Workshop of the 8th Vienna Music Business Research Days, September 12, 2017
- The fate of the CD – an international CD-market analysis
- AEG secures new 10 year deal with O2 for London arena February 23, 2017Sponsorship partnership dates back to 2005 The post AEG secures new 10 year deal with O2 for London arena appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Duncan Ellis launches Atlas Artists label and publishing company February 21, 2017Exec has previously worked with Lianne La Havas and Foals The post Duncan Ellis launches Atlas Artists label and publishing company appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- ‘There’s going to be a resurgence in independent music companies’ February 21, 2017British producer and label exec Alex da Kid reveals his vision for KIDinaKORNER after signing UMG deal The post ‘There’s going to be a resurgence in independent music companies’ appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Brazil CMO UBC bolsters neighbouring rights division after signing Sony and Warner February 21, 2017Both Warner and Warner/Chappell were previously represented by local society ABRAMUS, as was Sony The post Brazil CMO UBC bolsters neighbouring rights division after signing Sony and Warner appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Amazon hires Big Machine’s Kelly Rich to grow country music presence February 21, 2017Rich named Senior Label Relations Manager, Nashville The post Amazon hires Big Machine’s Kelly Rich to grow country music presence appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- José Luis López on Ticket Masters – Part 4: Online Ticketing and the Secondary Market
- José Luis López on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- Music Business Research 2016 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on The Recorded Music Market in Germany, 2003-2014
- Music Business Research 2016 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Introducing our guests: Keith Harris, manager of Stevie Wonder
- Music Business Research 2016 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on Music Streaming Revisited – the International Music Streaming Market 2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2017
- 350,174 hits