On March 3, 2017, an international workshop on “The Blockchained Music Business” was organized by the Department of Cultural Management and Gender Studies (IKM) of the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna and the Music Information Center Austria (MICA). Carlotta De Ninni (Mycelia for Music Foundation, London), Peter Jenner (Sincere Management, London) and Benji Rogers (PledgeMusic & Dot Blockchain Music, New York) were the workshop supervisors focusing on different aspects of the blockchain technology’s impact on the music business. In the second part of the workshop’s summary, we focus on the discussion of the workshop-group on the impact of blockchain technology on the music industry’s intermediaries that was supervised by Benji Rogers (PledgeMusic & Dot Blockchain Music, New York).
- You can read the summary of the international workshop on "The Blockchained Music Business" organized by MICA and... fb.me/uFQOhtVk 4 days ago
- Spotify to sign new licensing deals with major labels ‘within weeks’? musicbusinessworldwide.com/will-spotify-s… 1 week ago
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain – die Blockchain als Neustart für eine globale Musikrechtedatenbank? …sikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/das… 1 week ago
- The Blockchained Music Business – towards a Global Music Rights Database? musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/the… 1 week ago
- ‘I don’t see a YouTube value gap. Over 45% of our revenue from the platform is from UGC’ musicbusinessworldwide.com/over-45-of-our… 1 week ago
- Facebook set to challenge YouTube and Spotify with ‘comprehensive music strategy’ March 24, 2017Mark Zuckerberg's company is hiring for THREE new senior music licensing roles The post Facebook set to challenge YouTube and Spotify with ‘comprehensive music strategy’ appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- If Daniel Ek wants to frighten the major labels, he should step back in time March 23, 2017Why becoming a record label isn't Spotify's golden ticket to profitability The post If Daniel Ek wants to frighten the major labels, he should step back in time appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- We must show people that music is worth more than just ‘consumption’ March 23, 2017TEN Music Group Founder Ola Håkansson discusses breaking artists - including Zara Larsson The post We must show people that music is worth more than just ‘consumption’ appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner Music bolsters Korea operation with local hip-hop label Brand New Music March 23, 2017Korean hip-hop artist and producer Rhymer founded Brand New Music in 2011 The post Warner Music bolsters Korea operation with local hip-hop label Brand New Music appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner/Chappell signs up to SESAC and SUISA’s multi-territory Mint service for iTunes March 23, 2017Transatlantic JV platform is up-and-running with major publisher on board The post Warner/Chappell signs up to SESAC and SUISA’s multi-territory Mint service for iTunes appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Simon Edhouse on The Music Business in the Blockchain
- Digitization, disruption and dematerialization – SERVICE IN INDUSTRY HUB on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2013
- José Luis López on Ticket Masters – Part 4: Online Ticketing and the Secondary Market
- José Luis López on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- Music Business Research 2016 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on The Recorded Music Market in Germany, 2003-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2017
- 356,400 hits