In the current issue of the International Journal of Music Business Research Professor Adolf Dietz, the Senior researcher and former head of the Max-Planck-Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, Munich (Germany) critically reflects the European Commission’s Proposal for a Directive on Collecting Societies and Cultural Diversity as a missed opportunity. David Allan, Associate Professor of Marketing at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia (U.S.) deals in “Turn it up: That’s my song in that ad” with deals the relevance of popular music for brand and artist awareness in television commercials. Finally, Steven C. Brown, Doctoral Research Student at Glasgow Caledonian University (Scotland) reflects the “Peer production and the changing face of the live album”.
- You can read the summary of the international workshop on "The Blockchained Music Business" organized by MICA and... fb.me/uFQOhtVk 6 days ago
- Spotify to sign new licensing deals with major labels ‘within weeks’? musicbusinessworldwide.com/will-spotify-s… 1 week ago
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain – die Blockchain als Neustart für eine globale Musikrechtedatenbank? …sikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/das… 1 week ago
- The Blockchained Music Business – towards a Global Music Rights Database? musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/the… 1 week ago
- ‘I don’t see a YouTube value gap. Over 45% of our revenue from the platform is from UGC’ musicbusinessworldwide.com/over-45-of-our… 1 week ago
- Japan’s recorded music business grew last year (but only just) March 27, 2017Market generates more than $2bn, with download holding and streaming up 61% The post Japan’s recorded music business grew last year (but only just) appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- ie: music partners with Centtrip Music to save on FX costs for Robbie Williams tour March 27, 2017Tim Clark praises FX specialist as 'something the music industry really needs' The post ie: music partners with Centtrip Music to save on FX costs for Robbie Williams tour appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Magnus Ribbeklint named VP of Marketing, Warner Music Nordics March 27, 2017Exec will also maintain role as General Manager of Warner Music Sweden The post Magnus Ribbeklint named VP of Marketing, Warner Music Nordics appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Spotify acquires MightyTV. Can its founder fix Daniel Ek’s advertising woes? March 27, 2017Can former Google exec Brian Adams play a key role in making Spotify profitable? The post Spotify acquires MightyTV. Can its founder fix Daniel Ek’s advertising woes? appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Ian Holder leaves BMI after 10 years to join Sony/ATV as VP, Creative March 27, 2017Former Columbia exec joins major publisher after signing Frank Ocean and more The post Ian Holder leaves BMI after 10 years to join Sony/ATV as VP, Creative appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Simon Edhouse on The Music Business in the Blockchain
- Digitization, disruption and dematerialization – SERVICE IN INDUSTRY HUB on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2013
- José Luis López on Ticket Masters – Part 4: Online Ticketing and the Secondary Market
- José Luis López on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- Music Business Research 2016 – in retrospective | Music Business Research on The Recorded Music Market in Germany, 2003-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2017
- 356,770 hits