For several years the Australian music industry was dominated by a few players who enjoyed a more or less monopolistic position. In the infant period of the industry Edison Co. dominated the record business with its cylinders and from 1931 on EMI had the monopoly of record distribution in Australia, which was not challenged until the end of World War II. Therefore, the period with a considerable level of competition in the Australian music industry lasted from 1924 to 1931.
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 4 days ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 1 week ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 1 week ago
- The Economics of Music Streaming:@Spotify musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/the… https://t.co/5pPd0sgsis 1 week ago
- "The international music streaming market revisited" musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/the… 3 weeks ago
- One Direction’s Liam Payne signs with Universal’s Capitol Music UK July 22, 2016New management company to be announced soonThe post One Direction’s Liam Payne signs with Universal’s Capitol Music UK appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Is YouTube really the music business’s biggest problem? July 22, 2016StubHub and Live Nation are doing a roaring trade from secondary ticketingThe post Is YouTube really the music business’s biggest problem? appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Pandora slips further behind Spotify as active listeners fall by 1.3m July 21, 2016Active listeners now stand at 78.1m, while net losses averaging more than $1m a dayThe post Pandora slips further behind Spotify as active listeners fall by 1.3m appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- A2IM, RIAA and Concord support Capitol Records in Vimeo lawsuit July 21, 2016Brief relates to pre 1972 recordingsThe post A2IM, RIAA and Concord support Capitol Records in Vimeo lawsuit appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- SOCAN moves into mechanical rights collection by acquiring Audiam July 21, 2016Jeff Price's New York business snapped up by Canadian societyThe post SOCAN moves into mechanical rights collection by acquiring Audiam appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 317,045 hits