It’s now the third time that Will Page and Chris Carey from PRS for Music added up the UK music industry. The main result is that total UK music revenues fell 4.8 percent to £3.775bn in 2010 compared to £3.964bn the previous year. This figure includes the retail value of recorded music (-7.9% to £1.237bn) as reported by the British recorded music industry body (BPI), the estimated revenue of live music (-6.8% to £1.480bn), the adjusted collections by PRS for Music (-1.3% to £0.425bn), the adjusted collections by PPL and VPL (+18.9% to £0.079bn), the estimated inter-company B2B revenues (+7.2% to £0.218bn), the publishers’ direct revenues excluding income streams from PRS for Music (+0,6% to £0.242bn) and advertising and sponsorship revenue (+4.2% to £0.094bn).
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 4 days ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 1 week ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 1 week ago
- The Economics of Music Streaming:@Spotify musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/the… https://t.co/5pPd0sgsis 1 week ago
- "The international music streaming market revisited" musicbusinessresearch.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/the… 3 weeks ago
- One Direction’s Liam Payne signs with Universal’s Capitol Music UK July 22, 2016New management company to be announced soonThe post One Direction’s Liam Payne signs with Universal’s Capitol Music UK appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Is YouTube really the music business’s biggest problem? July 22, 2016StubHub and Live Nation are doing a roaring trade from secondary ticketingThe post Is YouTube really the music business’s biggest problem? appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Pandora slips further behind Spotify as active listeners fall by 1.3m July 21, 2016Active listeners now stand at 78.1m, while net losses averaging more than $1m a dayThe post Pandora slips further behind Spotify as active listeners fall by 1.3m appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- A2IM, RIAA and Concord support Capitol Records in Vimeo lawsuit July 21, 2016Brief relates to pre 1972 recordingsThe post A2IM, RIAA and Concord support Capitol Records in Vimeo lawsuit appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- SOCAN moves into mechanical rights collection by acquiring Audiam July 21, 2016Jeff Price's New York business snapped up by Canadian societyThe post SOCAN moves into mechanical rights collection by acquiring Audiam appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 317,028 hits