For several years the Australian music industry was dominated by a few players who enjoyed a more or less monopolistic position. In the infant period of the industry Edison Co. dominated the record business with its cylinders and from 1931 on EMI had the monopoly of record distribution in Australia, which was not challenged until the end of World War II. Therefore, the period with a considerable level of competition in the Australian music industry lasted from 1924 to 1931.
- Das Musikbusiness in der Blockchain musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/28/das… https://t.co/wyBtxkBuC8 2 hours ago
- Der Boom des internationalen Musikstreaming-Marktes, 2011-2015 musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/25/der… https://t.co/YCVOADn79M 3 days ago
- Die Ökonomie des Musikstreamings: Spotify musikwirtschaftsforschung.wordpress.de/2016/07/18/die… https://t.co/sRrU1qTqnz 1 week ago
- Leaked documents just revealed a huge internal crisis at Spotify that is making employees flee the company nordic.businessinsider.com/leaked-documen… 1 week ago
- Taylor Swift is taking on YouTube, and it won’t be an easy fight theguardian.com/music/2016/jul… 1 week ago
- France launches new albums chart combining sales and streaming July 28, 2016Third biggest album has actually sold more than this week's No.1The post France launches new albums chart combining sales and streaming appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Entertainment One Music looks set to make a splash in the UK July 28, 2016Chris Taylor is expanded the business, and looking for a Director in LondonThe post Entertainment One Music looks set to make a splash in the UK appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Warner raises $300m from the sale of senior notes July 28, 2016Term loan debt paid down as notes are sold at 5% fixed interest rateThe post Warner raises $300m from the sale of senior notes appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Music Dealers heads into liquidation July 28, 2016Firm is closing operations as a result of “significant startup costs and several years of operating losses"The post Music Dealers heads into liquidation appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Napalm Records opens UK office headed up by Wally van Middendorp July 28, 2016Exec has history at Eleven Seven Music Group Europe and Roadrunner RecordsThe post Napalm Records opens UK office headed up by Wally van Middendorp appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Jy on Business model “Michael Jackson”
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 317,706 hits