It’s now the third time that Will Page and Chris Carey from PRS for Music added up the UK music industry. The main result is that total UK music revenues fell 4.8 percent to £3.775bn in 2010 compared to £3.964bn the previous year. This figure includes the retail value of recorded music (-7.9% to £1.237bn) as reported by the British recorded music industry body (BPI), the estimated revenue of live music (-6.8% to £1.480bn), the adjusted collections by PRS for Music (-1.3% to £0.425bn), the adjusted collections by PPL and VPL (+18.9% to £0.079bn), the estimated inter-company B2B revenues (+7.2% to £0.218bn), the publishers’ direct revenues excluding income streams from PRS for Music (+0,6% to £0.242bn) and advertising and sponsorship revenue (+4.2% to £0.094bn).
- Pandora enlists musicians to beat competition cnb.cx/1sdln3p 19 hours ago
- What Apple Music Pays Artists In 42 Different Countries... digitalmusicnews.com/2016/05/24/app… via @digitalmusicnws 19 hours ago
- Global Electronic Music Industry, Worth $7.1 Billion Last Year, Sees Growth Slow billboard.com/articles/busin… via @billboard 19 hours ago
- Is Exclusivity In Streaming Music Going To Start Seriously Hurting Spotify? via @forbes forbes.com/sites/hughmcin… 19 hours ago
- YouTube Red (and Google Play Music) goes cheap with sub-$1 deal musicbusinessworldwide.com/youtube-red-go… 19 hours ago
- Universal acquires digital agency Fame House from SFX in $1m deal May 27, 2016Clients include Eminem, Ice Cube and TiestoThe post Universal acquires digital agency Fame House from SFX in $1m deal appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Spotify’s big bet to increase ad revenues: selling playlists to brands May 27, 2016Kia, McDonald's and Target have all snapped up deals in betaThe post Spotify’s big bet to increase ad revenues: selling playlists to brands appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Universal appoints Gautam Srivastava as EVP of Human Resources May 27, 2016Lucian Grainge welcomes HR expert from Shutterfly IncThe post Universal appoints Gautam Srivastava as EVP of Human Resources appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Cherrytree partners with Warner’s ADA after splitting with UMG May 26, 2016Label finds new partners after ending Interscope deal last yearThe post Cherrytree partners with Warner’s ADA after splitting with UMG appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Cooking Vinyl signs raft of artists including Deap Vally and The King Blues May 26, 2016Deap Vally and The King Blues join indie label's rosterThe post Cooking Vinyl signs raft of artists including Deap Vally and The King Blues appeared first on Music Business Worldwide.
- Radiohead réinvente encore le marketing musical - Newzikbox on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Honours Project Bibliography | carlsproject on The recession in the music industry – a cause analysis
- Arrrrrr Matey! | Digital Literacies | ENG 553 | Spring B 2016 on The Radiohead Revolution?
- Sources | adams economics on Is Streaming the Next Big Thing? – What Consumers Want
- Single Sales Compared to Album Sales – musicfordummiescom on The recorded music market in the US, 2000-2014
- About Me
- Article database
- Austrian Music Business Research Association (AMBRA)
- Book Bibliography
- Economics of Music
- Handbooks and dictionaries
- History of the music business/industry
- Label and company history
- Law and music business/industry
- Media and music business/industry
- Music management
- Music marketing
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (general)
- Structural analysis of the music business/industry (genre-specific)
- International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR) – ISSN 2227-5789
- theses & papers
- Vienna Music Business Research Days
- Young Scholars Workshop 2016
- 309,699 hits