The 5th Vienna Music Business Research Days will be held at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, Austria, on October 01-03, 2014.
The conference organizers invite scholars (from the postdoctoral level on) who have a research focus on music business/industry related topics to submit a paper proposal for the conference day on October 03, 2014: pdf-version of the call-for-papers
Indicative themes on all music business research areas, include, but not limited to:
- Past, current and future developments in the music industry (recorded music industry, live music sector, music publishing, music retailing and wholesaling, music instruments industry etc.);
- Music market research and music charts research;
- The economic and social situation of musicians as well as the labor market for musicians;
- The management of musicians and music institutions;
- The marketing of music;
- Music branding and sponsoring;
- Public and private funding of the music sector (including new forms of music funding such as crowdfunding);
- Case studies on music companies and other music institutions;
- Legal aspects of the music business (contracts, copyright, competition law/policy etc.);
- Music licensing and collecting societies;
- Music media (radio, TV, online-based media etc.);
- Economic aspects of music genres (classical, pop/rock, jazz, world music markets etc.);
- Business-related music education;
- Music export;
Please send an abstract of your proposal to email@example.com no later than April 30, 2014.
For further information , please click here:
All submissions must include a Title, Authors (names, affiliations, e-mails of all authors and a notation (*) of the corresponding author), an abstract of 1,000-1,500 words and 3-5 keywords. Abstracts must be submitted in English, as a MS Word file (*.doc or *.docx) or *.pdf file, and include:
- Objectives of the research
- Brief description of the disciplinary/theoretical context/background
- Research questions and/or hypotheses
- Main or expected conclusions / contribution
- Main references
Abstracts will be subject to a double-blind peer-review process by an international jury, and authors will be notified of acceptance by June 02, 2014.
Final papers should not exceed 7,000 words (including abstracts, figures, tables, references and appendices) and follow the author guidelines of the International Journal of Music Business Research (IJMBR). The best paper will be offered publication in IJMBR.
April 30, 2014: Abstract submission deadline
June 02, 2014: Notification of acceptance
August 31, 2014: Submission deadline for full papers
October 02, 2014: Conference day for invited speakers on “How to Monetize Music in the Digital Age”
October 03, 2014: Conference day for paper presentations
For students at all levels of the MA & PhD a doctoral colloquium (4th Young Scholars’ Workshop) will be held as part of the 5th Vienna Music Business Research Days on October 01, 2014. Find a separate call for papers here.
The registration fee includes conference attendance, reception, coffee breaks and lunch on conference days as well as the Heurigen-Dinner on October 03, 2014. The registration fee further includes access to all sessions and events organized by the Vienna Waves Festival 2014.
Registration fee: 225,- Euro
Registration fee – early bird (until June 30, 2014): 175,- Euro
Dagmar Abfalter (mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org)
University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna
Anton-von-Webern-Platz 1, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43-1-71155-3418 / Fax: +43-1-71155-3499